DIY Hair Wax with Essential Oils



I have used hair wax for several years (since I have short hair) and just recently I have been playing around with DIY combinations to create my own. Since I am a guy, I don't like it to smell to "pretty" and I have to say, this recipe is a good one...If I do say so myself.

DIY Hair Wax with Essential Oils:
.75 ounces beeswax
.5 ounce shea butter
.75 ounces Fractionated Coconut Oil
10 drops Spark Naturals Peppermint essential oil
10 drops Spark Naturals Rosemary essential oil (or Melaleuca)

Suggestion: For harder hair wax, use 1 ounce of beeswax and .5 ounces of Fractionated Coconut Oil. For softer hair wax, use .75 ounces of shea butter and 1 ounce of Fractionated Coconut Oil.

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients, except for essential oils, into a glass container.
2. Place jar in saucepan with 1-1.5 inches of boiling water.
3. Stir ingredients until melted and thoroughly combined. Remove from heat and let rest for three minutes.
4. Add essential oils and stir.
5. Pour mixture in an empty tin or glass jar with a lid.
6. Let the hair wax cool for 1-2 hours and you’re done.

To use, just apply a small amount to fingers and style as desired. A little wax goes a long way. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment