DIY Vapor Rub


How to Make Homemade "Vic's" Vapor Rub. You might not think of October as a time you might need this, but the cold and flu season is just around the corner, this is great stuff! It is so incredibly easy that you’ll never get the store bought stuff again! Here’s how it’s done:

1. Find a small container to use - I used an empty Glass Baby Food Jar that I had. It’s a 4 oz. jar – the perfect size for this homemade vapor cream.

2. Fill your container with your carrier oil of choice - I used coconut oil (for the thickness)

3. Add your essential oils - If using on children you’ll want a 1% dilution (about 5 drops per ounce of coconut oil), or a 2% dilution if using on adults only (about 10 drops per ounce). Since I’m using it on my girls, I added 20 drops of Spark Naturals Respire Essential Oil Blend. (5 drops X 4 oz.). Spark Naturals Respire contains a mixture of Clove, Cinnamon, Eucalyptus and Rosemary.
Alternatively, you can use any combination of individual essential oils like peppermint and eucalyptus.

4. Mix it and use it - Thoroughly blend your essential oils into your coconut oil. Store in your jar with a lid and use as needed by rubbing it on chests and feet to help breathing, coughs, and congestion during colds.

www.sparknaturals.com

1 comments:

  1. you need to have more information on your site that sells oils. There is hardly any information at all to make an informed purchase. I have seen several sites recommend your brand but I don't think I'll purchase due to this lack of information

    ReplyDelete